SDSU Testing Information & Registration
Chemistry Department Placement Exam Newly admitted freshmen, newly admitted transfer students, and current students.
Liberal Studies Mathematics Proficiency Assessment Required for Liberal Studies major prior to enrolling in MATH 312 or 313.
Mathematics Placement Assessment Students intending to enroll in MATH 141 (Precalculus), MATH 150 (Calculus) or MATH 124 (Calculus for the Life Sciences).
Writing Placement Assessment_(WPA) Newly admitted transfer students and all current students (used to satisfy the CSU Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement [GWAR]).
Other SDSU Undergraduate Tests California Government; Grammar, Spelling & Punctuation; Foreign Languages.
General Information for SDSU Exams
Fee information: Exam fees are non-refundable and may not be transferred to another individual or to a different exam. To transfer to a different exam date and/or time, you must bring a printed copy of your Admission Ticket to SDSU Testing Services (SSW 2549) no later than 12:00 p.m. the business day prior to your exam date.
Admission Ticket: Once you have registered and paid for the exam, your Admission Ticket will be available to print. You must bring a printed copy of your Admission Ticket to be admitted to your exam. Electronic copies are not acceptable. You can access and print your Admission Ticket here.
Online and mail-in registration: Click here
In-person registration: Visit SDSU Testing Services (SSW 2549), Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for instructions and assistance.
Students Requesting Accommodations
1. Students with WPA accommodations authorized by SDSU Student Ability Success Center (SASC), and placed on the SDSU Testing Services reservation system by SASC, will be offered an accommodated WPA test session automatically during online registration.
2. If you have not already met with SASC, register for a regularly-scheduled exam (see registration information above).
3. Register with SASC, who will authorize appropriate accommodations for each exam requested.
4. Once SASC has placed the appropriate accommodations on the SDSU Testing Services reservation system for the specific exam you are requesting, email Testing Services at STAAR@sdsu.edu with your name, Red ID number, the exam(s) for which you registered, the date(s) of the exam(s), and a request for testing accommodations.
5. Once your request is reviewed and approved, Testing Services will email reporting instructions to you. Please carefully review the information and bring a printed copy of the email as your Admission Ticket.
6. Accommodation requests must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the exam to ensure your accommodation(s) are available.
Directions and parking information: Click here for exams proctored at SDSU.
All information is subject to change without notice.