SDSU Testing Services offers paper- and computer-based proctoring services for students participating in distance learning and correspondence degree programs, professionals needing certification, and others needing to have an examination proctored remotely. We also offer proctoring services for SDSU students needing to make up a professor's exam. We are a member of the Consortium of College Testing Centers, a group of college and university testing centers throughout the United States that supports distance learning and abides by professional standards and guidelines.
Test Administration Hours
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. as available. (Office hours may be affected by campus holidays and closures.) All exams must be completed by 4:30 p.m.
Location: Student Services West (SSW), room 2549. Click here for directions and parking instructions.
- The proctoring fee is $20.00 for each test taken (subject to change without notice).
- Monday through Friday testing: Report to Testing Services first so we can provide a payment code to use at SDSU Student Account Services. Cash, check or money order, and debit and credit card payments are accepted.
- Saturday testing: You may only pay with the exact cash amount, or check or money order made payable to "San Diego State University". No debit or credit cards payments are accepted on Saturday.
Distance Learning Checklist
- At least 2 weeks prior to your anticipated appointment, notify your institution and/or instructor that you would like to have your test proctored by SDSU Testing Services. You may provide this contact information:
Assistant Testing Coordinator for Proctored Exams
San Diego State University Testing Services
Student Services West, Room 2549
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7449
- Once contact has been established, test materials and proctor instructions may be sent to us via mail or email. Ask your institution to notify you when materials have been sent so you can contact us and make an appointment by calling our office during regular business hours, at (619) 594-5216. Please plan to call us at least 5 days before your appointment to confirm receipt of your materials.
- If your institution requires a paper-based test to be returned by mail, you will be required to provide a postage-paid 9" x 12" mailing envelope. Check with the appropriate carrier (U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, etc.) for postage rates. If your institution only requires emailing or faxing the exam, we will do so free of charge.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for payment and check-in. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment may be cancelled. Please notify us at least 24 business hours in advance if you need to change or cancel your appointment.
Click here for directions and parking instructions.
- You must present a current government-issued photo ID to test (unless your institution specifies other ID requirements). Small lockers are provided in which you will be required to place all belongings, including watches, wallets, electronic devices, keys, etc. Food, beverages and gum are not allowed in the testing center. SDSU is a completely non-smoking campus.