We welcome all EOP students who wish to use our tutorial services, which are offered at no charge to them throughout their academic tenure at SDSU.
EOP’s Learning Support Center (LSC) offers one-on-one tutoring in virtually every academic subject.
Walk-in labs for writing and mathematics are available to get quick answers to specific questions or to brush up on concepts (see schedule).
The Learning Support Center also offers workshops, such as GRE and WPA, to prepare for the Graduate Record Exam and the Writing Placement Assessment.
EOP students who utilize the LSC improve their chances of achieving the highest possible outcome in their goal to graduate.
EOP is proud to provide a warm, safe, and collegial learning environment for you. We hope you will come and take take advantage of our services, including the free use of our computer lab.
Since 1969, the Learning Support Center has been an integral part of The Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Ethnic Affairs (EOP). The LSC's major purpose is to support EOP students' ability to persist and succeed at San Diego State University.
Fall 2017 Service Hours for LSC
(Note: Computer Lab and Free Study available during all open hours)
October Workshops at the LSC:
- Wednesday, October 4, 12 – 1 PM: Reading Strategies. Learn a reading system and improve your retention and comprehension! With Jeff Harlig, LSC Coordinator, and student staff. At the LSC.
- Wednesday, October 11, 12 – 1 PM: Time Management. Is your own life often a surprise? You can keep track of it! At the LSC.
- Monday, October 16, 4 – 5:30 PM: Beginning Your Grad School Personal Statement. With Prof. Isidro Ortiz. Love Library (LL) 410. Bring a laptop or use one the computers and start drafting!
- Wednesday, October 18, 12 – 1 PM: Note-taking and Reviewing. Master the flow of information from your professors. At the LSC.
- Wednesday, October 25, 12 – 1 PM: GRE Overview Workshop. With staff and materials from the Princeton Review. At the LSC. Drawing for GRE study materials!
- November 1, 12 – 1 PM: Getting Ready to Study Abroad. Learn all about what you need to do to study in another country! With International Student Center staff . At the LSC.
Drop-In and Appointment Based Tutoring:
- Individual Tutoring (one-on-one)
To receive tutoring services, please visit the EOP LSC office in Student Services (SSE-2109).
EOP LSC Office at San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-8222
Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.