How to Apply
EOP applicants MUST submit application materials requested by these different offices:
- SDSU Enrollment Services requests the CSU Application for SDSU Admission via the CalState Apply (https://www2.calstate.edu/apply).
- The Office of EOP requests that interested EOP applicants submit an EOP application (preferably online via the CalSate Apply). EOP Applications are only accepted from NEW Incoming Freshmen and Transfer students. EOP cannot accept students without a bona fide verification of their EOP status from the current or previous CSU campus, nor can we accept those applications that miss the posted deadline.
- The Financial Aid Office requests that EOP applicants submit their FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application.
Please read the following paragraphs for important information regarding each of the above mentioned applications.
* Please note: You are required to include your social security number on EOP forms by authority contained in Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Section 41201.
Apply for SDSU admission electronically at https://www2.calstate.edu/apply. If you cannot apply online, you should contact the Office of Admissions at (619) 594-6336 to make special arrangements to apply electronically with campus assistance. On the CSU Undergraduate application for admission, complete Item 11 (indicate “yes”, that you are interested EOP).
* There is a $55 CSU application fee, or you may qualify for a Fee Waiver. You can fill out the Fee Waiver section on the CSU Application and you will receive an automatic response if you qualify. Please note: if you qualify for the Online Fee Waiver, there is a limit of four(4) CSU Applications that this will cover. If you apply to more than four(4) CSU Campuses, you will be responsible for paying the additional CSU Application fees.
For those transfer students applying from community college: please contact your community college EOPS office for the applicable Admissions Application Fee Waiver form.
* Submit High School and/or college transcripts, or GED score.
* Submit SAT 1 or ACT test scores.
In addition to the above materials, EOP applicants must submit a separate EOP application to the EOP office (all forms must be completed in order to be considered for EOP admission):
* Applicant Information Form—You can complete this form online at https://calstate.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login when you complete the CSU undergraduate application.
* Recommendation Forms—You can complete this form online at https://calstate.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login when you complete the EOP application. Two (2) recommendations are required to complete the EOP application file.
* Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—You can apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
* Free Application for CA Dream Act, (if student is AB540 elegible)—You can apply online at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
Financial Aid Materials
If you are applying for financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and file it with the federal processor begginning October 1,2017 by March 1, 2018. The FAFSA is available on the Web at www.csumentor.edu/finaid or at www.fafsa.ed.gov and is also available from high school counselors and college financial aid offices. If you are going to apply online, you (and your parents/guardians) should apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. After your FAFSA is processed, you will be provided with a Student Aid Report (SAR). You should review the SAR carefully in the event it is necessary to correct any information.
For students, without lawful immigration status, who qualify for an AB 540 nonresident tuition exemption,you may file for state- and institutional-funded financial aid by filing a California Dream Act Application at www.CalDreamAct.org. Like the FAFSA, you must file the Dream application as soon as possible after January 1, 2016, and by the California financial aid priority filing deadline of March 1, 2016.
To receive priority consideration for financial aid, you must file the FAFSA or the CA DREAM Act Application according to the instructions prior to March 1, 2016. March 1 is also the deadline for applying for a Cal Grant (money for college that does not need to be paid back). Filing the FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application and submitting a verified grade point average (GPA) to the California Student Aid Commission by March 1 will enable you to be considered for a Cal Grant. See your counselor to find out how to submit your GPA. The campus Financial Aid Office may request other documents from you or your parents/guardians, and you should submit those documents as soon as possible.
The following offices offer their support:
- Admissions and Prospective Student Services - (619) 594-6336
- Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships - (619) 594-6323
- Housing - (619) 594-5742
EOP Admissions Appeal Process
NEW FALL 2018 APPLICANTS
EOP appeals will ONLY be accepted for admitted Fall 2018 SDSU students. Continuing SDSU students are ineligible to apply for EOP services per state regulations, which mandate that participants be identified and accepted prior to the start of their first semester of study.
If you have been denied admission to EOP and believe you have extenuating circumstances that warrant your application status be reevaluated, please submit the following EOP ADMISSION APPEAL PACKET:
- EOP Admission Appeal Form (pdf)
- A letter of Appeal
- Supporting documentation
- Missing EOP documents which may include: the EOP completed application, two EOP Recommender forms, or other requested information.
- Copy of your EOP denial letter (if applicable)
- Must submit paper documents
(For PDF files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader if needed)
SUBMITTING EOP ADMISSSIONS APPEAL
Appeals post marked or received after this date WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. If you never applied to EOP please proceed with instructions.
In preparing for an appeal please understand the following:
- The letter of appeal must be written by you, the applicant.
- Only submit items missing from your EOP application (must be paper copies)
- If your appeal is missing ANY documents, it will not be reviewed and automatically denied
- Failing to apply before the deadline is not a valid reason for an appeal.
All appeals will be processed in four to six weeks. A final decision will be sent via postal mail.
Submit your EOP ADMISSION APPEAL packet by mail, fax or in person (NO emails) to:
EOP Office, San Diego State University
ATTN: EOP APPEALS COMMITTEE
5500 Campanile Drive San Diego, CA 92182-8222
If you are faxing appeal, please call 619-594-6298 to verify complete and legible appeal has been received.
Fax : 619-594-4299
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
(Our office is located at SSE 2109 (Student Services East, 2nd floor)