Student Life & Leadership

Find out how you can
Get Involved


Funding Information


Campanile Foundation

“All gifts to San Diego State University are accepted and administered by the Campanile Foundation (TCF), an official 501(c)3 auxiliary organization of San Diego State University.”

For further information, contact Student Life and Leadership in SSW 1661 or at (619) 594-5221

Tax I.D. Number:

A Tax ID Number or EIN (Employer-ID number), is like a social security number for your organization. Student Organizations are often in situations that require a Federal Tax ID Number (opening an organizational bank account, conducting fundraisers off-campus, working concessions at an athletic event). No student organization is permitted to use the University's tax identification number. Its purpose is so the IRS will not make you personally responsible for taxes on revenue that you have earned.


To get a Tax ID number, you may contact the IRS and request a Form SS-4 (Application for Employer Identification Number) or visit their website in order to request an EIN. This form can be accessed online: Form SS-4 (PDF file: download Adobe Acrobat Reader if needed)

The local San Diego IRS office can be contacted at (619)615-9555.

PLAN AHEAD!!! Processing may take 2-4 weeks

Sources of Funding

Associated Students Finance Board

The Finance Board acts on all requests for Associated Students’ funding, including those made by the AS boards and college councils. In addition, the Finance Board directly allocates money for student organizations under the jurisdiction of each of the 7 college councils, funding for AS programs and boards, as well as funding for student organizations’ activities for purposes of recruiting and retaining students who are underrepresented in the SDSU population because of educational and social disadvantage. For further details, contact the AS Vice President of Finance.

Requests for funding must be submitted on an Approval of Funds Form (PDF file).


Another co-sponsorship opportunity available to officially recognized student organizations is through the Student Recruitment and Retention Board or “SRRB.” You can request co-sponsorship through SRRB for anything that is recruitment or retention oriented, such as a high school conference, which is something that a good number of organizations do on a yearly basis. For more information please contact Intercultural Relations/Cross Cultural Center, located in Aztec Center.

Cultural Arts and Special Events (C.A.S.E.)

One co-sponsorship opportunity is with the Cultural Arts and Special Events Board or “CASE.” CASE handles Associated Student’s entire event programming budget, which includes money to co-sponsor student events such as speakers, films and artistic and cultural programming for a general audience, to name a few. To request co-sponsorship, simply fill out the required paperwork and present your request to the CASE board during one of their meetings.

Academic Colleges/Departments

Some colleges or departments have funding that can be allocated to student organizations. If your group is affiliated with a specific department or college, contact the College Council President to inquire about possible funding.