Welcome back to SDSU after what we hope was an exciting and productive study abroad program. It can take effort and planning to capitalize on your study abroad experience, but we have collected the information below to assist you.
Share your lessons learned by completing an SDSU Study Abroad Evaluation
Welcome Back Programming
Welcome Back Reception
Share your experiences and connect with other alumni going through the same re-entry process. Provide feedback to Education Abroad staff about your program and the application process. FREE lunch will be provided.
Lessons from Abroad Re-entry Conference
Lessons from Abroad is an annual conference for returning study abroad students, which provides tools to help you:
- Use your Study Abroad experience to launch your career!
- Learn how to give your resume and job interviews a competitive edge
- Network with professionals in internationally-focused jobs
- Discover how you can work, teach, volunteer, or study abroad after graduation
Promotion & Outreach
Become a Global Aztec!
If you love to talk about your international experience, become a Global Aztec! Global Aztecs encourage other SDSU students to go abroad by conducting classroom presentations and participating in ISC sponsored events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
Education Abroad Fairs
Each semester the Education Abroad Office hosts a fair to showcase the numerous study abroad programs available. Volunteers are always needed to assist with logistics and talk to passing students about the benefits of studying abroad. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
Stories from Abroad
Alumni from the programs will make presentations about their experiences to prospective students, faculty, staff and administrators. If you are interested in making a short presentation at the event, please contact Dave Rudel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Volunteer at Information Sessions
Check out the schedule of Education Abroad Information Sessions and volunteer to help answer questions from prospective students.
Other Cultural Programming
International Student Center Events
The International Student Center hosts a wide variety of events throughout the academic year. Attending events is a great way to interact with international degree and exchange students. View the ISC Events Calendar for a full list of upcoming events.
International Student Association
The International Student Association (ISA) is a recognized on-campus organization that plans and coordinates a variety of programs to enhance international understanding and friendship. Getting involved in the ISA is a great way to enrich your experience at SDSU and make new friends.
Work at the International Student Center!
The International Student Center regularly is looking for student assistants with international experience and cultural sensitivity. We encourage you to submit an application if you are interested.
- Live with international students and other study abroad returnees in Global Pathways!
- Continue foreign language training or take internationally focused courses.
- Write about your study abroad experience for the Daily Aztec, San Diego Union Tribune, or your local home paper.
- Watch foreign films
- Read international newspapers and books
- Help organizations that support community service and development.
- Get involved working with immigrants in San Diego