What is EOP Transfer Bridge Program?
EOP Transfer Bridge Program (TBP) is an intensive transitional program offered during the summer prior to the beginning of the fall semester to newly admitted EOP students transferring into San Diego State University from community colleges.
The purpose of the program is for students to effectively utilize academic advising/counseling during TBP. At the conclusion of the program students should be able to identify graduation requirements for their major, effectively identify and use library support services, demonstrate financial literacy in areas of financial aid and scholarship searches as well as demonstrate the value of peer relations to support their university transition.
Why Should I Attend
The transition from community college to a university can be overwhelming. Students who participate in EOP Transfer Bridge Program are able to get a step ahead of other transfer students. The program provides students with a better understanding of EOP, university requirements, and networking opportunities - so that students know exactly what is expected of them as they establish contacts early on in their university experience. Listed below are some of the benefits in participating in the program:
- Understanding SDSU EOP and the services provided
- Workshops that focus on academic and social issues
- The opportunity to become familiar with the SDSU Campus, its resources and support programs
- Learn how to utilize library resources
- Explore the SDSU campus community
- Network with other EOP transfer students with similar goals
- Receive support from a mentor during the program
Join us this summer at the EOP Transfer Bridge Program and get a jump start on your SDSU journey!
The 2017 EOP Transfer Bridge Program is offered from July 25 through July 28.
- Admission into SDSU
- Admission into EOP
- Submit TBP Interest Form
- Complete Intent to Enroll to SDSU
- Register and attend EOP First Contact
- Attend TBP Orientation the same day you attend EOP First Contact
- Obtain Red ID Card during the Transfer Bridge Program, staffers will escort you.
How Do I Apply?
Fill and Submit the following Forms:
EOP Program Graduate Assistant
Past Student Experiences
“The Transfer Bridge Program helped relieve me of the stress associated with transferring. I came in worried that I might miss deadlines or overlook requirements, but I left the program with a sense of readiness.”
-Jack Davis (TB 09’)