Through higher education for historically underserved students and communities, the Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Ethnic Affairs is the catalyst for developing leaders who will be change agents for social equity.
The mission of the Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Ethnic Affairs is to serve students from low income backgrounds and historically under-served communities by providing innovative programs and services that facilitate the successful recruitment, retention and development of scholars and leaders as they persist toward a university degree.
- Increased student retention and timely completion
- To foster communication that allows for growth and development of people and programs
- To promote an environment of diversity and cultural empowerment
- To function with respect and integrity
- To cultivate a community of lifelong learners
- To focus on learning outcomes and accountability
Learn all about EOP's History by heading to our history page.
Take a look at our EOP Brochure for a quick reference of the programs and services we offer.