What is EOP Transfer Bridge Program @ SDSU?
EOP Transfer Bridge Program (TBP) is an intensive 3-unit transitional program offered during the summer prior to the beginning of the fall semester to newly admitted EOP students transferring into San Diego State University from community colleges.
The purpose of the program is for students to effectively utilize academic advising/counseling during TBP. At the conclusion of the program students should be able to: identify graduation requirements for their major, effectively identify and use library support services, demonstrate financial literacy in areas of financial aid, and scholarship searches as well as demonstrate the value of peer relations to support their university transition.
Why Should I Attend
The transition from community college to a university can be overwhelming. Students who participate in EOP's Transfer Bridge Program are able to get a step ahead of other transfer students. The program provides students with a better understanding of EOP, university requirements, and networking opportunities - so that students know exactly what is expected of them as they establish contacts early on in their university experience. Listed below are some of the benefits in attending the SDSU TBP:
- Understanding SDSU EOP and the services provided
- Early fall class registration
- Earn 3 units of course credit
- Workshops that focus on academic and social issues
- The opportunity to become familiar with SDSU Campus, its resources and support programs
- Learn how to utilize library resources
- Explore the SDSU campus community
- Network with other EOP transfer students with similar goals
Join us this summer at the EOP Transfer Bridge and get a jump start on your SDSU journey!
The Transfer Bridge Program is offered either the first or second week of August each year. Check the website this summer for exact dates.
- Admission into SDSU
- Admission into EOP
- Register and attend EOP First Contact and Transfer Bridge Orientation
- Complete Intent to Enroll
- Submit EOP Transfer Bridge Interest Form
- Check Aidlink with Office of Financial Aid
- Sign up and attend New Student Orientation
How Do I Apply?
Share Your Experience!
“The Transfer Bridge Program helped relieve me of the stress associated with transferring.
I came in worried that I might miss deadlines or overlook requirements, but I left the program with a sense of readiness.”
-Jack Davis (TB 09’)