AB 540 Students
California Dream Act of 2013
AB 130 allows students who meet AB 540 criteria (California Education Code 68130.5(a) (pdf)) to apply for and receive non-state funded scholarships for public colleges and universities.
AB 131 allows students who meet AB 540 criteria to apply for and receive state-funded financial aid such as institutional grants, community college fee waivers, Cal Grant and Chafee Grant. You can apply for financial aid through the California Dream Act application which can be found at http://www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp. This website will give you full information about the benefits you can now receive as a result of the California Dream Act.
AB 540 Students Can Apply to EOP
AB 540 students now may also apply to EOP programs as long as they are either low income and/or first generation college students. To apply for EOP, applicants need to submit their CSU admission application on www.CSUMentor.edu, during the specified application period. Right before the end of the application you will see “Are you interested in applying to EOP?” Select YES and then in the next page you will follow a link to begin the online EOP Application.
*Marking yes does not indicate applying to EOP. You must finish the EOP application.
Resources for Undocumented Students
- More Resources for AB 540 Students (pdf)
- AB 540 – Access to College for ALL
- CORE Que Llueva Cafe Scholarship for Undocumented Students
- Scholarships Regardless of Immigration Status (pdf)
- More Scholarships Regardless of Immigration Status (pdf)
- Scholarships That Don't Require Social Security Numbers (pdf)
- Additional Resources for AB 540 Students (pdf)
- California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (pdf)
- Life After College (pdf)
- Guide to Scholarships for New Americans and Minorities (pdf)
- Who am I by AB 540 SDSU Aztec (02/12/09) (pdf)
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Educating About Immigration
- AB540.com En Español
- EDUCATORS FOR FAIR CONSIDERATION
Dream Act Information
Dream Act Presentations
- Dream Application Link
- Dream Application Worksheet (pdf)
- Dream Application Instructions (pdf)
- Dream Application (pdf)
- Dream Act Flyer (pdf)
- College and Financial Aid Guide for AB 540 Undocumented Immigrant Students (pdf)
- AB 540 Affidavit for California Non-resident Tuition Exemption (pdf)
(For PDF files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader if needed)