Fall 2015 Prospective Students Applying to SDSU for Fall 2015? Are you low income and first generation to go to college?
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) application will open on CSUMentor beginning October 1, 2014 for the Fall 2015 academic year.
- You MUST be admitted to SDSU in order to be admitted to EOP!!!
- Our priority deadlines have passed however we still continue to take EOP applications for Fall 2015.
Our next REGULAR deadline is April 17, 2015. Space is limited so do not delay.
Send your hard copy documents via postal mail or fax (no emails)!!
- DEADLINES for the EOP program at other CSU campuses are available on the CSU Mentor website: https://secure.csumentor.edu/Filing_Status/Default.asp applicants are responsible for submitting their EOP application and checking their status at each campus of interest.
- The EOP application consists of three parts; a biographical statement, two letters of recommendation and proof of family income- click here for more information
- Click here to see if you meet EOP Income Guidelines
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up with our office to inquire if their application is complete. Please have your SDSU RED ID with you when you call for a “status check of your EOP application."
- Per our CSU guidelines, you are no longer eligible once you have begun attending at a CSU and you cannot apply next fall term. This is a one-time opportunity!
- Attention: Do not EMAIL EOP staff personnel any application documents (LORS, INCOME INFORMATION, TAX INFORMATION, or any other application-related documents).
No exceptions. For information on how to send these documents please click here
AB 540 Students
Fall 2015 new students are now eligible for EOP!
What is an AB 540 student? An undocumented student who meets certain criteria may be eligible for AB 540 status and able to pay in-state tuition.
Quick Tips for AB 540 students filling out a college application:
- Fill out all information correctly, including questions pertaining to you or your parents’ residency. If you do not answer accurately you may be classified as a foreign student and subject to nonresident tuition fees!
- If you do qualify for AB 540 status, please self-identify as such for SDSU admissions and EOP.
- Follow up on all requests and/or forms from your campus regarding residency questionnaires. If you have concerns or questions you can call the Admission office and ask for residency personnel that can help you. Everything stays confidential!
- Adhere to deadlines! This is VERY important as you may miss out on important information or opportunities.
- Fill out CA DREAM ACT–NOT the FAFSA (*even if you have been provided with a social security number via DACA; this is for work purposes only). Filing the incorrect form will DELAY your financial aid award! The deadline is March 2, 2015!
The AB 540 web page has been updated with valuable information. Please click here for scholarships and other useful resources.
Current SDSU EOP Students
Attention Graduating Students!You are cordially invited to attend the Eighteenth Annual Graduation Reception hosted in your honor by The Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Ethnic Affairs. Registration is open for SDSU Main Campus Students ONLY for the time being.
*Imperial Valley Campus Registration will begin on April 16th.
Register for EOP's 18th Annual Graduate Reception
EOP CAAT offers the following...
Want to Get Involved?
Whether you're a student leader, an advisor, a member of an existing organization or looking to start a new one; here's where you'll find everything you need to know about student organization events, policies, procedures, services, and resources.
With more than 300 different student organizations at SDSU, there's guaranteed to be something here for you!
For the Full Story, Click Here.
- SDSU EOP Graduation Reception (Main Campus)
When: Friday, May 1st, 2015
Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Where: Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center, SDSU
Note: 2 guests per Graduate Maximum.
- Are you a Dreamer? - Workshops
Dare to Dream Poster (pdf)
Dare to Dream Poster (pdf) in Spanish/en Español
- Education Without Borders (EWB) general meetings
Where: EOP MLK Room (SSE-2109C)
- EOP Student Advisory Board (ESAB) general body meetings
Where: EOP MLK Room (SSE-2109C)